Monday, July 19, 2010

BEING YOU

Today I called a friend who i hadn't talked to in a long while. i was scared that we wouldn't be as close, but as soon as she answered it was as though the words just poured out of my heart, i apologized for being such a lousy friend and not keeping in touch. We both poured our hearts out to each other, trying to catch up on the last five months of our lives. The good, the bad, the ugly, the happy moments, the moments where we thought we wouldn't get through it, ALL of it. We laughed and we cried for each other. Then she said something to me that stuck out:

"Being yourself,
Makes you look
absolutely... Gorgeous."




I have been living in this world, where i've wanted to be anyone but me, where i thought i needed to be anyone but me. i was consumed with what people thought and how they viewed me. I know that it isnt right to have a "screw the world" mentality and that isnt what i am trying to say at all. But i realized that i began caring more about what people thought of me, then how God saw me. I wanted to not only be liked, but i wanted to be loved and admired. i wanted everyones approval, but by wanting this, i forgot whose really matters. and i know that hiding who i am and not being honest and trusting people is not what my God wants.

My friend said she always noticed that i was not a person who trusted easy. And i know there are many people with this same problem, but i want you to know IT IS OKAY TO BE YOU, not only is it okay but it is LOVELY! It is lovely to tell people who you are and share your sad scary happy challenging stories about your entire life with people who want to hear it. Because the people that want to hear it, they are worthy of your trust! And the ones that want to hear it, THEY WILL STAY! So learn to be happy with who you are and who God made you to be, because again, it is lovely! I am learning this- I am learning that anyone who cannot handle these stories, doesnt deserve to create any stories with you.

we need to wake every cell in our being. electrify every inch. light it up, light yourself from within. we must learn every inch of our bodies, inside and out. we must realize that every cell inside ourselves is unique and purely us. we must stand proudly because of this. we must let this pride fill the space in our marrow. we must let this marrow send this pride through out bones, veins, hair, skin. we will feel this pride and let it fill us with love for "i am proud of this being, this strong, unique, beautiful being!" this feeling will make our skin glow, our eyes shine bright. we must own, own our bones.


REMEMBER:
"Being yourself,
Makes you look
absolutely... Gorgeous."

No comments:

Post a Comment