Sunday, January 30, 2011

King of thee world and of MY world

So who is the King of your world? Who do you constantly try to please? Make happy? Who do you want to spend your time and money on? Who are you always trying to make proud of you and your accomplishments? Who do you look towards for approval of your life decisions? Be honest. When I answered this question, I realized even though pathetic the honest answer is myself. I am the king of my world, at least I have been, I have been a very selfish king trying to please only myself ALWAYS. For some it may be yourself too, but maybe its your parents, or your boyfriend, or your girlfriend, or your friends, or a potential boyfriend. BUT maybe it should be the real KING, you know the one of the actual world! The one who has proven He is more than capable of handling it ALL.

Tonight as my itunes was on random beginning with Ke$ha, I was cleaning under my bed when I heard "YOUR THE KING OF THE WORLD" repeated about 4 times, I crawled out and restarted the song, I do this often with songs that sing lyrics that stick out to me. I sat at my desk and listened...

Every tree and and every stone, every rushing wind that moans they sing Your praise my God, I'll sing Your praise. Every star and open sky tell of Your glory divine, they shout Your praise they shout Your praise, yeah You've stolen my heart yes You have You've stolen my heart yes You have. You've wiped away the stains And broke away the chains yes You have. With Your love You set me free, three nails gave me liberty so I'll sing Your praise my God I'll sing Your praise Oh, with Your love You forgave my sin forgot my past and brought me back again so I'll sing Your praise I'll sing Your praise, yeah You've stolen my heart Yes You have You've stolen my heart Yes You have You've wiped away the stains And broke away the chains Yes You have. If I ascend into the sky, or hide behind the night I cannot run Your love is chasing me If I fall into the sea, Your hand will rescue me no one will take Your place Because This is all for You, yes This is all for You You're the King of the world You're the King of the world You're the King of the world You're the King of the world You're the King of the world You're the King of the world You've stolen my heart Yes You have You've stolen my heart Yes You have You've wiped away the stains And broke away the chains Yes You have You've stolen my heart Yes You have You've stolen my heart Yes You have You've wiped away the stains And broke away the chains Yes You have.

Chills anyone? And not just because of the sudden rain that decided to make its way to San Diego. After hearing that song I just wept and wept and bawled and bawled. And as we all know, I am NOT a pretty crier by any means. I mean I see girls who can cry and look cute, with tears dripping down their faces, prime example- reese witherspoon on legally blonde or my good friend Jaqui, but not me! Not even a bit, It was ugly, I mean real bad, but beautiful all at once because the words in that song that ive heard countless times in church and chapel and in my house when my mom is cleaning and on my computer did something to me tonight, they opened my eyes, it made me realize that God has forgiven ALL my sins and forgot my past- that alone gives me chills, they made me want GOD TO BE THE KING OF MY WORLD! They made me realize it is not all about me no matter how much I try to make it about me, its not. Not even a little. And for the first time in a long time, knowing that, gave me so much peace. Because I finally realized that this life- it is NOT permanent, so all the things I long for and dream of having mean nothing. Not really anyway. There all just materialistic possessions, that at the end of the day mean nothing. So that perfect guy I want to find and marry and have those perfect children with and live in that perfect white picket fence pottery barn ad house with, well truth is, if God has something else planned for my life that doesn't involve being a housewife or having a family at all, I am finally ready to roll with it and trust that since He IS the King of the world, He knows what He is doing, He knows my heart and my desires and I am finally ready to trust him. He knows what is best.

God, PLEASE be the KING of my World, I give everything to you! Lead me in the direction you want! Use me how you want! I want to spend my time with you, I want to look at you for approval and I want to make you proud. Again Jesus be the King of my world. Love your daughter, Hillary

No comments:

Post a Comment