Tuesday, August 16, 2011

More of Him

Dear pretty, smart, faithful, and utterly witty reader/ friend,

I just wanted you to know I moved. I needed a space with more light and more of Him. It’s truly a lovely neighborhood with the most beautiful of people. I’m so happy here, and I will be here for a while until school starts, which makes me quite sad- to think of leaving this lovely place.

I do hope that one day you’d visit, you always have an open invitation to. I am looking forward to creating many more happy memories here and do hope you will be part of them, even if it is just through blogs. The only thing about this beautiful place is it does not allow access to blogs, which is why I have been MIA for awhile, but I got creative and found a way to share.

I am at my favorite place in the world, an orphanage in Vicente Guerrero, Baja California, Mexico. I am working in La Guardaria, which is the Daycare with children from the towns. Most of these precious children have many struggles at home, they come from poor families, or are treated poorly by a drunken dad, or left by a selfish mother. Every day we try to provide an escape; a day of fun and entertainment for these little ones. I am incredibly blessed to have the privilege to teach these kids and I have learned far more from them then they have from me in these past weeks. All I want to teach them is to have hope in our Heavenly Father, who truly loves us and that they matter! God is so present in this place and I am blessed to spend my days with them.

I hope to see you soon.

XX

Hillary


No comments:

Post a Comment