Monday, April 18, 2011

AMEN CONAN!

"all i ask is one thing, & i’m asking this particularly of young people that watch: please do not be cynical. i hate cynicism. for the record, it’s my least favorite quality, it doesn’t lead anywhere. nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. but if you work really hard & you’re kind, amazing things will happen. i’m telling you: amazing things will happen. i’m telling you, it’s just true." -conan o’brien
AMEN CONAN! How many mondays are completely ruined because we are negative and cynical? Because we believe Satan's lies and because we are so doubt that something good might actually happen or that we are actually worthwhile. Almost weekly I lay in my bed on Sunday nights after a fun filled no sleep weekend and think "ugh i have class in the morning, ugh i have to wake up early, ugh i hate my life!" I mean honestly that is pathetic and dramatic and probably very irritating to those around me. Instead shouldn't we maybe say things like "yes i do have class at 8 am but at least i had a blessed and beautiful weekend spending time with people i love." I grantee that if we changed our cynical attitude about Mondays and life in general, even just a little, we would come out of Mondays with a little bigger of a smile. Being cynical is such a huge waste of time and a useless way of thinking, cynics rarely get anything out of life with the way they think, and I for one do not want to live my life that way. So enough with the cynicism, be positive and be present and be thankful and be happy because you were given monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment