Wednesday, April 6, 2011

refreshing truth

I've tried to make a habit of being in a good mood whenever I post- or at least not posting in a bad mood, because who wants that? And I feel awful about my Monday morning negativity, I seriously haven't stopped thinking about it. I mean I don't want you to think that I have this perfect life filled with joy and smiling 24/7 because that is so far from the truth, but i do want you to know that I believe that God is good even on those off days, and that I have off days too, but that I keep my eyes fixed on Him, and get past them, you know?

The only thing that keeps me going is the truth of God's word,
and the promises He gives, that He will never leave me or give up on me.
And that I am a part of His work, not Him a part of mine.
There is so much
refreshing truth and purpose and wisdom in just a verse!

I mean, when I'm having a day I don't like, for any reason at all,
be it circumstances or choices or whatever,
I can open the Bible and come to something like this.
This is one of my favorite Psalm [I won't write the whole thing because it is quite long, but if you want open your bible and read it all]


Bless the Lord, and forget not all of His benefits-
who forgives all your iniquity,
who heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagles'
[Look at everything He gives me...that is everything I have!
He gives me each new day, each new breath, each moment,
with love that I can count on.
There is no promise like this on earth, anywhere.
Just reading this makes me feel like I can rest easy.
He's got it all. No worries.]

He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities
For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is His lovingkindness toward those who fear Him;
as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us
[See, Jesus knows my heart, and that it is not always wanting Him or spiritual things.
He's not blind to that. But He still loves.
He is patient, and brings me back every time I go running off after something sparkly]

As a father shows compassion to his children, so the Lord shows compassion to those who fear Him.
For He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust.
[He knows our weakness, in our human state,
and He is compassionate toward us]

The steadfast love of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him
[And that means, it's okay. No matter what happens.
His love is the only thing I need. I'm set!]

I hope that brings you as much joy and peace as it gives me, especially on manic days
And, if you want, tell me your favorite little chunk of Scripture, so I can go check it out!
*and once again, my apologies for the negative nasty monday post, lets be positive together

No comments:

Post a Comment