Saturday, October 15, 2011

go together &Tiffany's

It is no secret I am obsessed with Audrey Hepburn films. I am very fond of her poise and beauty and I am especially fond of her grace. I watch Roman Holiday at least twice a month and Sabrina more than that. But my favorite Audrey Hepburn film is of course the famous Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Holly Golightly is such an intriguing character that I could never understand. I would even describe her as being random and strange and peculiar, but Audrey does this with such grace that you love her anyway and even envy her intriguing personality.

And then recently, I felt like I understood Holly Golightly, in the fact that I don't feel like I belong yet either and in the fact that I am just CRAZY about Tiffany's also, so now I'm spending my afternoon watching Breakfast at Tiffany's and in complete agreement with Mrs. Golightly:
"I'm like cat here, a no-name slob. We belong to nobody, and nobody belongs to us. We don't even belong to each other. Poor cat! Poor slob! Poor slob without a name! The way I see it I haven't got the right to give him one. We don't belong to each other. We just took up one day by the river. I don't want to own anything until I find a place where me and things go together. I'm not sure where that is but I know what it is like. It's like Tiffany's."
Paul Varjak: "Tiffany's? You mean that jewelry store?"
Holly Golightly: "That's right. I'm just CRAZY about Tiffany's."

No comments:

Post a Comment