Wednesday, September 21, 2011

rude and mean and immature and pathetic and growth

You, with your switching sides and your walk-by lies and your humiliation You, have pointed out my flaws again as if I don't already see them Someday I'll be living in a big old city And all you're ever gonna be is mean Someday I'll be big enough so you can't hit me And all you're ever gonna be is mean

-t. swift

When things are easy it is easy to be happy and thankful and smile but when things get tough, when people who you thought were out of your life find a way back in, find a way to hurt you, and when school gets tough, and when you're friends hearts our broken in ways you could never imagine, that's when it is most important to say thank you and smile. Life is suppose to be a series of pull and pushes, it will be so so good at times and so so bad others. But the important thing is how you handle the bad situations.
This weekend was wonderful, friend filled, God filled, boy filled, family filled wonderful! I remember Sunday night at church being so grateful to God, so thankful for such a beautiful life. When I got home that night I found out a piece of hard bad news, it wasn't anything traumatic or even really that hard or bad. But it hurt me, it made me feel back in middle school again, and I didn't know what to do, well I knew what I wanted to do, I wanted to scream and yell and go right back and fight even dirtier. I thought of putting up my own humiliating picture, I thought of telling everyone some of his dirty little secrets, I thought of all these things and everyone of them didn't seem to make me any happier. In fact it all just seemed like to much work. So I bravely made a phone call I hadn't made in months and months and asked for an explanation, of course not getting one, but guess what? I still have satisfaction. I have satisfaction from knowing that I'm the bigger person, that I've moved on, that I'm even a better person for not trying to hurt him back, that I have grown. So here's the thing, people you once loved are going to hurt you, people you once trusted with your life are going to do things that scare you and people who once promised to never hurt you, they will- purposefully. But i think the way you handle those situations says more about you then all of it.
" When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate.
And when life is bitter, say thank you and grow."

No comments:

Post a Comment