Saturday, September 17, 2011

SOULED

YOU DON’T HAVE A SOUL. YOU ARE A SOUL. YOU HAVE A BODY.

C.S. Lewis

We need a revolution- a feel good revolution, maybe if we become hippies again, life will be good. Back to a bohemian soul. We define ourselves in material terms and nothing is ever enough.

You always need a better phone, a more advanced laptop, a more fashionable haircut- and it’s never enough. No one- or rarely it is that anyone ever recognizes that the soul is absolute. I am not being existential..or maybe I am, but that’s not the point.

My point is that a soul is there, a being- you are a being. One that is meant to infinitely grow and in defining it with something- anything- you are limiting its growth…you are reducing the infinite to a set of limited, finite things. And that does not make sense to me, I know we were meant to fully and entirely exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment