Wednesday, February 2, 2011

#2

On God's Love:

Why are you striving these days? And why are you trying to earn grace? Why are you crying, let me lift up your face. Just don’t turn away. Why are you looking FOR LOVE, why are you still searching as if I’m not enough? To where will you go child, tell me to where will you run? Cause I’ll be by your side wherever you fall in the dead of night, whenever you call and please don’t fight these hands that are holding you. MY (Jesus’) HANDS ARE HOLDING YOU. Cause I love you. I want you to know that I LOVE YOU, I’ll never let you go. – By your side by Tenth Avenue North

With words like that from our wonderful heavenly Creator, who needs a Valentine? I mean honestly. Don’t those words just fill your heart with comfort? This song has become one of my top favorites, it often helped me get through some rough days where I felt alone, and it reminded me that I am definitely absolutely not alone. He is by my side. And He is holding me. And when you finally realize that you have someone like God by your side, a Valentine’s love just seems a little juvenile. I mean really Valentine or not, no one will ever love you as much as He loves.

Look up this song, listen to the words, think about them, and reflect on what they mean to you. How important do these words in this particular song make you feel? They make me feel super duper important. Pick out your favorite part of the song, the part that makes you feel loved and adored by your Heavenly Maker.

My favorite part is where they say, “Why are you looking for love? Why are you still searching as if I’m not enough?” How many of us our guilty of constantly thinking about finding our next boyfriend or girlfriend and then to just fall in love? Or searching to find love anywhere? Well our powerful amazing Father has said that HIS LOVE IS ENOUGH. This is my favorite part – so on the second day of this Valentine’s day month I encourage you to embrace this feeling of God’s love and maybe even give back some love to Him. Spend time with him as you would a Valentine. And remember HIS LOVE IS ENOUGH (this Valentine’s day and always).

No comments:

Post a Comment