Thursday, February 3, 2011

#3

A mother's love for her child is like
nothing else in the world.
-Agatha Christie

Sometimes I think about how great it would be to once again be one of those people who have someone special loving them. One day after a devastating heartbreak I sat down on my bed and I cried at my loneliness and broken heart. Suddenly my mother came in and placed a cup of tea in my room. She sat on my bed and held my head on her lap. She let me cry. She just sat, twirling my hair, quietly, she sat. (Thinking of this moment made me tear up haha)

Moments like this, those bittersweet moments, where you wish you weren’t crying but you know you’re lucky to be in someone’s arms while you are crying, those moments make me realize that I have been loved all my life. And I just don’t always acknowledge it. Any other love is nothing compared to a mother's love. MY mother's love. What is so special about my mother's love you ask? Well, for one she is the strongest most hard-working woman I have ever met, she has always been an example of a woman who fears and praises the Lord, she has never stopped loving me or my siblings no matter how big our mistakes, she has supported every crazy idea and decision me and my crazy sisters and brother have made, and she does whatever she possibly can to see that our dreams do come true, not to mention the many trivial ways she loves us, that we so often take for granted. From making sure we have breakfast to cleaning like a mad woman ALL the time to making sure we have money in our bank accounts so we can have a fun time with friends to all the wonderful sushi dates and even shopping trips (which are probably for her more than they are for us, but that is beside the point.)

My mother has sacrificed so much for me. She has helped me get to where I am today and if it were not for her hard work and unconditional love I don’t know where I would be. Therefore I am making my mommy my Valentine this year, and I am not upset about that one bit because that is one of the best loves ever known to man. A mother’s love.

Therefore please remember to love those mommies in your life who have always been there and acknowledge the love they give you, and give it right back.

2 comments:

  1. Omg. This makes me cry. What beautiful mamas we are blessed to know and have.

    ReplyDelete