Wednesday, February 9, 2011

#9

Sisters Love.
That whole "a sister is a special kind of friend" quote is so incredibly true to me. I have two awesome sisters who are definitely my best friends! I don't think there is a person in this world who knows me more than Janine and Evalynn. I mean we can be at a party or with friends or sitting at the dinner table and I can look at them and they know exactly what I am thinking without saying a word. They always know when I am telling a lie or when I have a new crush or when I am about to make a terrible decision or when I am about to break out in tears or when I have gained even a pound. And the honesty that we have in our relationships is my favorite, some may refer to it as being to critical or putting each other down, but I know we do it out of complete love. As Janine always says, "if I am not going to be honest with you then who will?"

One of my favorite memories is when Evalynn and me were in another argument over clothes I am sure, and she was yelling at me saying awful things and calling me names, I ignored her and started telling Janine about this girl who was being catty to me and in the middle of Evalynn going ghetto on me with frustration she says "oh heck no, no one messes with my sister, hill i will...." (i censor this blog, but you get the point). Sisters can fight and want to ring each others necks but if catastrophe should strike, then no one will defend you like a sister- because no one loves you the way sisters love.

I love my sisters and the love we have for each other is like no other. They truly know every little secret in my life and love me anyway. My sisters are my partners in crime, my midnight companions, my teachers, my defense attorneys, my workout buddies, then my ice cream and cheeto run buddies, my personal press agents, wardrobe assistants, and even my shrinks. Even though some days they are the reason I wish I was an only child, I know that my life would be so boring with out them and their love.

If you have sisters I challenge you to do something nice for them this Valentine's Day, maybe spend a day together wearing matching outfits (like mom use to make you) celebrating you love for each other, remind them that they are your closest most honest people in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment