Tuesday, November 8, 2011

daddy's advice

I have this dilemma, it isn’t really one that is super important, in a month or two it probably won’t even matter but at the moment it seems like a pretty big deal. I called my dad, normally when I am in a pickle I call my mama- she tells me exactly what to do, and I do it. No questions asked. She is a pretty smart lady and gives the best advice, but today I called my daddy. He’s a pretty good advice giver as well. He holds me accountable and tells me to make wise decisions. Ones that I will be proud to tell people about. So when I told him about my two chooses, explaining how I felt about everything and how confused I was as to what was the smart choice, or even the right choice, he said this: "Hillary, flip a coin, when you are faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works. Not because it settles the question for you, but because in that brief moment when the coin is in the air, you suddenly know what you're hoping for. Flip a coin, and then focus on what you're hoping for, and do that. You will make the right choice." I took out a quarter and flipped it. And you know what? I knew what I hoped for, what I wanted it to be, what I needed it to be. When you're faced with two choices, just flip a coin, and don't focus so much on what the coin reads, instead focus on what you hope for it to be and choose that.

No comments:

Post a Comment