Sunday, November 13, 2011

A prayer.

Gracious God,

I sit still in your presence holding each prayer before you asking that you might hear my prayers. Help. heal. direct. forgive. comfort. strengthen. embrace. assure. transform.

I sit still in your presence holding my life before you asking that I might hear you as I pray. I sit still in your presence itching to move and do, asking that you might help me stay put. I breath out my impatience and ask that you might heal deeper and wider those places in me and around me that need your touch. I breath out my arrogance and ask that you might direct my path and help me to have listening ears to hear you speak. I breathe out my insistence and ask for a deeper trust in the slow work of you God.

Come Holy Spirit, Come Lord Jesus, Come God our creator ---for I your child is sitting still. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment