Tuesday, November 29, 2011

welcomingly news.


I forget how welcoming God is.

last night on my drive back to San Diego I heard the end of a radio show where some man was talking about prayer, and he talked about how God wants to hear our honesty and our true thoughts.

He doesn't want us to say little fake "good things" or to pretend like we think or feel something we don't.

what matters to God is for us to take His word literally, coming to Him with our needs, pouring ourselves out to Him, because He can help us. He wants to help us.
He knows we aren't exactly golden children, but we never were, and now that we are His, we are His.


I don't know, maybe it's just me. but realizing that God welcomes me really changes the way I think about it.

It's like Hercules.

Hercules is our dog; he's is actually my brother's dog, so he doesn't adore me that much, but he is kind of "eh. whatever." most of the time.

but, when I welcome Hercules, and talk to him in a sweet voice and tell him he's handsome and rub his head, then he loves me.

because I loved him first.

as soon as he realizes that I'm welcoming to him, he just wants to be my best friend!


that's what I do when I realize God welcomes me.
it's like, "WHAH??"
I only want to talk to Him. and do what He wants me to do.
because He loves me, unconditionally and welcomingly

No comments:

Post a Comment