Saturday, November 26, 2011

swatch of fabric

However much they make you cringe, the selves of the past, the memories you look on and think “Oh. My. God." or "What. Was. I. Thinking." were things you had to go through and they took you down the strange path that influenced your future. Being home and remembering all those awful memories made me realize youthfulness is a time when all the rules have to be defined for ourselves and that takes a lot of mis-stepping and trying on of different personalities. Those past experiences, though sometimes painful, are what give us powers of understanding that we wouldn’t have otherwise. And though I don’t think we should all get on a desk in an important meeting and belt out our secrets to everyone a cappella, I think every part of us should be kept and embraced as a swatch of our fabric. A super colorful one that we can look on with acceptance and even embrace and say "It. Helped. Me. Grow."

No comments:

Post a Comment