Friday, November 25, 2011

it was good

I fell in love with this quote, it was in our kitchen on the bulletin board, it just seemed so true and it made me think about my break and being home. I have been a studying psycho, I thought of my Thanksgiving break as a chance to "get ahead" on school work so that finals wouldn't leave me super sleep deprived. When I was asked to go for a walk my response was, let's take a quick run instead, when Matthew asked me to play 'Chutes and Ladders' I tried cheating to make him win and speed the game up (he caught me). When I was asked to help bake I took my notes into the kitchen. Yesterday while everyone was playing board games I was in my room writing a paper. Okay okay just writing this is hurting my heart. The point is, this morning as I was making some pumpkin spice coffee I looked at our kitchen board and read this, I took a picture to remind myself what is important. And it's those times that you sit and laugh and play and be with the ones you love because they feel right. I need these reminders. I want to be reminded that life is short and that the reason I am here is to love and eat and cook and say that it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment